Home Business YouTube to share ad revenue with Shorts creators

YouTube to share ad revenue with Shorts creators

498
0
Shorts

YouTube’s much-awaited programme which will allow Shorts creators to receive ad revenue, is nearly ready to commence from February 1.

The company released a Partner Program agreement with terms and conditions that creators will be required to follow and agree with until July 10.

YouTube has introduced “Monetization Modules” which will enable creators to have more flexibility over their earnings on YouTube. The platform recommends accepting all modules to unlock creators’ full earning potential.

The video streaming platform had previously detailed in an announcement that creators with at least 1,000 followers and more than 10 million views on Shorts over a 90-day period, will be eligible to apply for the Partner Program.

With Shorts revenue sharing, the $100 million creator fund will have to go away. But YouTube is expecting more fund receipts to come its way than what it earned through its fund.

Users will receive ads in between Shorts while streaming on the Feed, while the revenue generated through the ads will be used to pay music licensing companies and creators through a shared pool, at the end of each month.

Moreover, the amount of money in the creator pool will be determined. By the number of musical tracks creators feature in their Shorts. A clip without music would mean that all the generated revenue will go to the creator pool.

The streaming platform will determine how the creator pool will be distributed. It’s based on a creator’s share of total Shorts views.

YouTube will take 55% of the revenue cut, leaving creators with 45%.

Visit CxO Global FORUM or CxO News Live for all the latest updates. 

Previous articleMicrosoft plans to invest $10 billion in ChatGPT AI, a groundbreaking technology
Next articleMeet Aeo, a hospital cleaning and patrolling robot
Communication Manager, Broadcasting Producer, Creative Director, Script & Screenplay Writer, Storyteller