Todd Shea’s emergency response experience began on 9/11/2001 at the World Trade Center disaster, he then helped with Hurricane Katrina relief in New Orleans, the Tsunami in Sri Lanka, and finally Pakistan, following the devastating 2005 earthquake; that’s when he founded CDRS.
The mission of CDRS is to provide emergency relief, healthcare & logistics services after natural or man-made disasters, and to improve the health, education and social welfare status of neglected communities in Pakistan.
In addition to emergency relief, CDRS has many on-going projects:
- Water Filtration Plants installed all over Pakistan, more than 400 projects so far and more every month
- Long-term healthcare programs for primary care, mother and child health, and mobile medical camps in remote areas and poor urban neighborhoods
- Financial and medical support to special needs patients and poor families
- 25 Youth community service chapters featuring civic awareness, team-building and leadership programs
- Women’s empowerment, home economics skills training, and livelihood development projects
- Animal welfare, rescue, and advocacy
- and implementing many types of projects in the field, managing logistics and administrative services in collaboration with individuals and partner organizations
LATEST PROJECTS UNDER WAY:
HOUSE OF BLESSINGS
House of Blessings is a safe home for widows, orphans and children with special needs. CDRS has successfully operated the first group-home in Islamabad for more than a year and a half, and we are now expanding this project as it has transformed so many lives.
MARI MOBILE DASTARKHWAN
Mobile Dastarkhwan is a mobile food-truck project is a collaboration with Mari Petroleum where we prepare and distribute hot, hygienic, and healthy meals to the needy on a daily basis. The project also distributes family food packs as well. This project is growing fast and can easily be scaled up one truck at a time.
THE “BENJI” PROJECT
CDRS proudly initiates the “Benji” Project to help the poor creatures that are overlooked by our society. Under the Benji project, CDRS will support animal rescuers, shelters and TNVR (Trap/Neuter/Vaccinate/Release) programs for stray dogs and cats, as well as horses and donkeys, to create a healthier ecosystem and minimize the risk of serious health issues for humans and animals.
CDRS works in the service of Humanity with no agenda beyond assisting Human Beings In Times Of Need.
CDRS is registered in The United States as a 501(c)3 charitable organization, EIN: 47-3837240, and in Pakistan as a Trust under the Pakistan Trust Act (Certified with The Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy)
Donate Here : https://www.cdrsworld.org/donate