These 7 tips are all you need to streamline your processes, save you many hours, and make Gmail easier than ever!
1. Reverse the email that you just sent
Ever had that sinking feeling right after sending an email?
Before calamity hits, undo it:
- Setting icon (top right)
- Go to Settings > General and enable “undo send.”
- Select 30 seconds
The “undo” option will show up the next time you send an email.
2. Send your email later
Do you want to appear to be at your desk at 8:00 AM?
These days, you can do this:
- When you click the arrow next to “Send,” select “Schedule Send.”
- Select the desired date and time.
Recline and unwind.
3. Prepare your comments
Tired of repeatedly typing the same responses?
That you are not required.
- Initially, enable it under Settings > Advanced.
- Activate templates
- Compose your email
- Toggle the 3 dots.
- Save as a template
Use that template the next time to save time.
4. Lookup messages
Looking for an old message?
This is made simple with the search feature. In the search bar, enter:
- for the person, from:x or to:x
- size:x for huge emails, after:x or before:x for the date
- has: attachment
To narrow your search, combine the terms.
5. Dismiss those bothersome chats
in a sequence of emails when everyone consistently presses “reply all”?
To avoid being distracted by it, muffle it:
- Access the email.
- Toggle the three dots at the top.
- Toggle mute.
All subsequent responses will be archived, though you can still access them if necessary.
6. Utilize shortcuts
Use keyboard shortcuts to save time instead of navigating your desktop.
- Format text, add links, and more. Add a cc.
- Go to Settings
- Setting > General
- Keyboard shortcuts- On
Discover your preferred shortcut.
7. Send an email later
Do you have an email that you can deal with later?
Remind yourself later:
- Select the right-hand clock icon.
- Determine how long to snooze an email
Your mailbox will receive it again on that day.